The first clubhouse was erected in 1927.
The Years 1928 to 1978 from "A History of Scraptoft Golf Club" by Robert E Lee
Scraptoft Golf Club was founded by four men, A V Johnson, Captain R J Green TD, A J Gisborne and C Huntley. A limited company was formed on 4th July 1927 and named "The Scraptoft Golf Club Limited."
At first it was the intention to open a 9 hole course but such was the response for membership that extra land was acquired and the full 18 holes were prepared early in the following year. A small parcel of land was purchased to erect a clubhouse and the land of the course was taken on lease.
The course was constructed by James Coles and Sons, the nurserymen and foreman in charge was John Riddlestone. With the time and finances available to the company, there was a great deal to be desired in the quality of the course and due to the restricted area available, the initial length was only 4871 yards with a bogey 70.
Continued in our full-history downloadable PDF